Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Handmade Embellishments


It doesn't take much to make your own embellishments and it's even easier with the 6x6 paper pads.  For all these embellishments I used the Dear Lizzy Daydreamer 6x6 pad and 2 sizes of scallop punches.

 First up flowers.  There are a few different ways to make some fun flower embellishments and I will show you two ways.  For the first flower I used 2 different size scallop punches.

First punch the 2 different sizes from different patterned paper

 
Second using a scissors cut in from each scallop slightly (not all the way into the middle)

 
Third layer the two together

 
Lastly add a fun embellishment in the middle - I used a button and badge from the same collection.


For the second flower punch four scalloped circles from the same patterned paper.



Fold the circles in half.

Layer the half circles on top of each other as shown gluing as you go.

Finish it off with a fun embellishment in the middle.

 
 
My third project is a fun dress made from one large scalloped punch.
 Punch from patterned paper.
 
cut as shown (top has 4 scallops bottom has 8-9 scallops.


Layer the leftover pieces on the bottom to make it more dimensional
Add a fun embellishment around the waist - I used the bows from Crate Paper

 
 
My last project is perfect for summer layouts.  An Ice cream cone.


 Cut three scallop circles from different patterned paper and a triangle shape from a patterned paper (this will be the cone)

 
Fold the scallop circles in half and layer them on top of each other to make the scoops then add them to the top of the triangle cone.

Yum!
These are just a few ideas and if you check Pinterest there are many more.

2 comments:

Tanya Ham said...

Very cute! I never would have thought to use the scallop circles this way! I have a set of Spellbinders that I could use like you did the punches. Awesome inspiration!! Thank you! :)

Emily Adams said...

Nice! I like how the garland paper look!