Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Glitter Hearts

One of my favorite tools is the Epiphany Crafts Shape Studio Tool Heart 25 - I love being able to add cute little hearts to all my projects. For this Valentines Day I wanted to make a fun glitter heart and here is how I did it:
1) Using the Shape Studio Tool Heart 25 punch your heart shape from white cardstock.
 
 
 2) Cover the punched heart with Glossy Accents.
 
 
3) Sprinkle glitter on the heart so it covers the entire area.
 
 
4) Shake off the excess glitter and add the Heart 25 Bubble Cap carefully on top of the heart.
 
 
5) Let it dry overnight then gently brush off any excess glitter from around the edges and voila a pretty glitter heart.
 
 
I added this pretty glitter heart to a wood slice, added a resin flower and attached it to a pretty bag which is the perfect size for a gift card.
 


 
I can't wait to make more of these in all the Epiphany Crafts shapes :)
 
Thanks for stopping by.
 
 

7 comments:

Tanya Ham said...

Very cool! I would've never thought to use glitter under the epoxy! FANTASTIC idea!!! :)

Lisa said...

I have a bottle of Glossy Accents that's been hanging around wanting me to play with it again...love the idea of using it with gold glitter!

msmith434343 said...

Pretty pretty!!

Lisa Rukin Swift said...

Ooo, pretty!

Michelle said...

What a great idea! I need to start using my epiphany punches more often!

Patricia said...

Super cute! Love how pretty this is!

Tammy said...

What a fun way to add glitter - in a clean way! No glitter coming off of that card. Love this idea. :)