Monday, October 7, 2013

Kiwi Lane Designs and Imaginisce

All month long Kiwi Lane Designs will be featuring Imaginisce products on their blog and this week on the Imaginisce blog the design team is featuring projects made with the Kiwi Lane Designs templates.


As soon as I saw the cute pumpkin templates I knew I wanted to create some 3D pumpkins for my mantle.
Here’s how I made them:
1.       Trace the template onto patterned paper or cardstock
 

2.       Cut them out and then erase the pencil marks
 

3.       Fold them in half as much as possible making sure the color you want shown is on the inside of the fold.  The designs that are symmetrical work much better with this type of project
 

4.       Glue the pumpkins together (I use double sided tape).  I start with one folded pumpkin, add the adhesive to one of the folded sides then grab a second pumpkin and line it up with the folded edge of the First pumpkin the press together.
 

5.       Once you have all the pumpkins glued together trim the edges that are showing.  The more pumpkins you cut out the fluffier your pumpkin will be, for this example I used 6 pumpkins.

 
6.       To finish off the pumpkin wrap green twine around the top.

Once I had a few pumpkins made I knew I wanted to make a fall project for my mantle so I made some other pumpkins and used the Kiwi Lanes leaf template to make some leaves.



 
  I know these pumpkins will look so good on my mantelpiece this fall.
Thanks for stopping by.

9 comments:

Mary Pat Siehl said...

so love these

Jingle said...

These are SO fun! I love the different designs! Very pretty!

Madeline said...

Cool projects!

Dictionary said...

Those paper pumpkins are so adorable. Perfect for fall decorating.

Anonymous said...

Oh, those are so cute!

Lisa Rukin Swift said...

Love how these turned out. So perfect for mantle decor!

D's Paper Studio said...

What fun! Love both styles of pumpkins.

Kimberly Kett said...

How adorable!! Love how fun and festive they are!

Isbaha said...

So cute ! Thanks for the tutorial !