Thursday, December 13, 2012

Double Pocket Cards

This year I am giving teachers and coaches gift cards for Christmas.  I don't really like giving gift cards it feels so impersonal so I decided I needed to make a gift card holder that was different and special to add a little bit of a personal touch to these gifts.
 
 
I came up with a double pocket card using the Simple Stories Snap Pockets.  I made the base of the card from the medium sized pocket which is 4" x 6" and used the smaller pocket which is 3" x 4" for the gift card holder.
 
I created a video for my YouTube Channel showing how I made these cards, you can view it below.
 
 
For the first card I used the Harvest Lane collection from Simple Stories.  I added my son's teacher's name at the top of the paper in the larger pocket and my son will write a note there as well.

 
For the smaller pocket which will hold the gift card, I added a journaling card.
 
 
I finished off the card with the Epiphany Craft Shape Studio Tool Square 25 and the coordinating metal charms.
 
 The second card was made using the Simple Stories Handmade Holidays collection.  Again I added a piece of patterned paper in the larger pocket and added some letter stickers for the "thanks" sentiment.  In the smaller pocket I added a journaling card.
 
 
I added a metal charm embellishment to finish off the card.
 
 
I love how these turned out and they will definitely make giving a gift card feel more personal.  Thanks for stopping by.
 


5 comments:

Lisa Rukin Swift said...

This is such a wonderful way to use the pockets and so beautifully executed!

laurab said...

This is a great idea, I have about 10 gift cards I just picked up today. Perfect timing.

Norma G. said...

Beautiful project & I enjoyed the video too :D

Tracy said...

These turned out stunning.
Such a beautiful way to give a gift card.

5689 said...

zzzzz2018.7.29
converse trainers
supreme clothing
ray ban sunglasses
off white clothing
jordan 8
coach factory outlet
adidas outlet
tory burch handbags
ray ban eyeglasses
adidas superstars