Saturday, September 22, 2012

Hibiscus

The Hibiscus has always been my favorite flower, it's so beautiful.  When we went to Hawaii this year I tried to take as many photos of hibiscus that I could, they came in so many beautiful colors it was amazing.


I made this layout using the Lily Bee Handmade papers.  I only had pieces left so I made the background a mix of all the pattern papers.

 
 I created my own Hibiscus flower for the layout by cutting out petals and layering them and finishing it off with twine threaded through a wooden button.


 
I also added some twine and buttons for some extra details to some of the panels.

 
Thanks for stopping by.

6 comments:

Margie Higuchi said...

Such a great way to use up scraps - your page turned out beautiful :) We went to Hawaii in March and didn't have time to take pictures of the flowers :( Next time I will have to be mindful of that! THanks for the reminder! Have a great weekend <3

Mandalika said...

Love how you made your background out of smaller pieces it looks fabulous.

angie gutshall said...

Gorgeous layout! Love those flowers!!

Blessed Ladybug said...

very nice....

Deanna said...

Love this Fleur!

Susanne said...

Very pretty page - I like the patchwork quilt look of it. I popped over from Sue Althouse's blog when I just happened to click through on your comment. It's always fun to discover new blogs by seeing who your friend's friends are. I got lucky finding your blog - with such pretty work.