Sunday, August 19, 2012

Weaving Fish

One of the fun things we did at the Polynesian Cultural Centre was learn to do weaving with palm leaves.  We learned to make a little fish and it was so fun.  When I was doing this layout I thought why not try doing the same think with paper.  I love how the little fishies turned out.




I had some wood insides left from the Studio Calico wood veneer frame set and misted them with some color along with buttons to mimic bubbles.



I love incorporating fun things like these fish into my layouts.  Thanks for stopping by.

4 comments:

Sherry C said...

Love this - gorgeous color combo and the fish are adorable! Perhaps a tutorial in the future, please!

holly* said...

those fish are absolutely PERFECT! what a great way to recreate the technique and even reinforce the memory!

Beeceecreativity said...

really need to try this.. and scraplift it... thanks

Tracy said...

Great layout.
I love your little fishys :)