Wednesday, June 20, 2012

My Happiness Project

One of the blogs I visit regularly is Christine Middlecamp's.  Her layering is amazing and she thinks up the coolest projects.  This summer she is doing a project she calls "Mapping Happiness".  You can find more about it and see one of her finished projects on her blog here http://retrospection.typepad.com/my_weblog/2012/06/nearly-a-month-ago-i-hauled-myself-to-the-self-help-section-of-the-local-bookstore-with-the-idea-that-somewhere-amongs.html .

I decided I would play along but keep the mini projects really simple.  I will be keeping them the same general size and journaling on the back so I can remember all the details.  Here are my first two tags.

The first piece of happiness from week one is my oldest son doing the plank walk at his last sports day.  He graduates this year and this plank walk is a tradition that all grade 7's have done.  He almost didn't get to do it as his school had a code yellow lock down because of a problem in the area.  I was so glad that this tradition didn't get missed.





The second piece of happiness from week one is my youngest son's recital.  It is his first year at Studio West and he took Musical Theatre and Hip Hop.  His musical theatre routine "Oh the Thinks you can Think" was amazing.  He played the Cat in the Hat and was so awesome.  They won a few competitions this year then this weekend took home the "Best Junior Performance" award.  He (and I) was so excited.



I am excited to keep track of all my happy moments and I can't wait to see the project when it is completely finished and hanging on my studio wall.

Thanks for stopping by.

8 comments:

Zarah said...

Ooooh! Those are AWESOME!!

Lilith Eeckels said...

These are sooooooo cool!

pinkalishious said...

beautiful & your projects are fab!!

Maja Stokk / eyovine said...

Sooo coool both of them =)

Sherri said...

These tags are adorable! I ♥ Christine Middlecamp too :)

Sharon said...

What a great idea and such colourful layouts! I love your designs.

Glenda T. said...

I've missed your work Fleur, gorgeous as always!!!

Gina said...

love them both...the blue and green is sooo yum!